Monday, June 15, 2009

6 months +





With all the gifts we got at our baby showers and borrowed toys, I really hadn't bought Cole any toys...soooo, I figured I could splurge and bought him an exersaucer and it is AWESOME! He and I both really like it and he just giggles while he's in it! He also figured out how to play the piano...very cute! We also started rice cereal and Cole HATES it...dunno exactly what we're going to do. I think we may have pushed him a little early, so I think we're going to take a break from it for a few days and try again. I've tried different consistencies, adding applesauce, trying to make him smile through the mess, etc. and it's just not happening! Oh well, I'm sure he'll figure it out on his own time :) He also likes books, but would rather turn the pages and chew on the corners than actually let me read to him...at least he's good at entertaining himself! He also started proficiently rolling over about 3 weeks ago...just after all the family was here for Memorial/Graduation weekend. But, I think he moves more successfully by scooting or spinning everywhere. He's able to get his knees underneath him and propel forward, but no crawling just yet :) He's really good at spinning in 360-circles...it's pretty funny! Wow, can't believe how much there is to update (I guess it shows how far behind I am!). The other thing Cole has taken an interest is in tags on toys and clothes...he is fascinated by them and can play with them for hours (not really, but it keeps his attention for quite some time)! Weird, I'm not sure if it's the lettering or texture of them, but he really practices his pincer grasp when grabbing ahold of them!

No comments: