Friday, August 12, 2011

Confession

James 5:16 NIV "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

Confession. It's a powerful thing. And important. And necessary. For our souls to be fulfilled. To feel free. To walk on our path towards everlasting life. It's a beautiful thing! Therefore, I have to confess something...lately I've been a slacker, a procrastinator, and lazy. I haven't kept up with house chores, paying bills, yard work...the list goes on, but it's embarrassing to share. It's because I haven't felt well in weeks (we'll get to that another day), but that's no excuse. I do not like admitting that about myself. I've always been a hard worker. It's killing me to feel this way about myself. To feel like a hermit. To feel like a failure as a mom even though I know I'm not. But it's hard to not feel yourself and you don't feel like you're taking care of your kids to what you know is the best of your ability. However, confessing it and confessing it out loud gives me hope for a turning point for me to change my attitude. To get me started towards a more positive outlook regardless of things I cannot control. So, step one here is for me to start blogging again. It's been a long long time! But there is something therapeutic about writing and sharing and hearing other people's experiences (so please share anything anytime!). When I logged into my blogger, I didn't realize just how much I had been writing! I have a list of posts I've written over the last year (one was from when Owen was 3 weeks old). So, I hope you enjoy what I have to say! And for my far-away friends, I hope you enjoy seeing the boys even if just online!





My munchkins...they love to eat, but really I think they just love feeding our dog :) Forgive us for eating lunch in our jammies...it's Friday and well, just one of those days! Cole is now 2.5 years old and talking like crazy! He says some of the funniest things and we really have to watch what we say. He repeats it all! He loves playing outside and pretending to be like daddy with mowing the lawn, etc. Owen is 14 months old and walking full-time now. He eats. All. The. Time. Seriously, he can eat a whole meal and still eat a snack afterwards. And he's into EVERYthing, a very curious little tot! He's my little snuggler too :)

2 comments:

Jessi Mayfield said...

Great post, Dawn! Don't be so hard on yourself. Think of this as a vacation... a very sucky vacation.. but one with no chores. You ARE working hard. And you're doing it beautifully!

trina said...

aaahhh, the joy and the pain of being a SAHM...don't fret friend, you are not the first nor will you be the last. We all walk in the same shoes, just wearing different pajamas cause we didn't feel like getting up and getting dressed, because you know, it felt like one of those days....each day is a new adventure, and confession is good for the soul, and grace for oneself is good for the spirit...give yourself a little grace and move forward in that grace to a new day and new adventure...can't wait to see more blog posts....