Thursday, June 10, 2010

and the winner is...



We welcomed our second bundle of joy on May 27 at 4:08pm! He weighed in at 5lb 15ounces & 19 inches long. Very close to the size of Cole when he was born! We named our bambino #2 Owen, but struggled on the middle name. We threw out a few family names and finally settled on Austin as the middle name (hopefully it's obvious to everyone why we chose that)! It is so interesting to add a second baby to the family. Cole was not very happy when he visited us in the hospital, actually he had a bit of a meltdown :( But, now that we're home, he has taken to Owen quite well! He tries to say 'baby brother' and points to him, touches his hair, tries to poke his eyes just like a big brother should LOL! Cole has a few outbursts a day & tests our patience (and discipline), but all-in-all, I think he's handling the transition very well for an 18-month old. Owen is doing great, he eats like a champ & at 2 weeks already weighs 6lb 15ounces! I started to get worried as my due date approached that I wouldn't be able to love both children enough (I think this is a common concern for any mom from what I understand). But it is amazing how much your heart & love grows & changes for your children. It's weird to think that Cole is no longer my 'baby' but now my 'little man'! We are truly blessed!

No comments: